New Jersey Department of Health’s COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for Operating Childcare Programs (as of Tue Feb 8 2022)
COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for Operating Childcare Programs (as of Thu Jan 6 2022)
To all New Jersey small business owners impacted by Hurricane Ida: Be sure to take photos & document any damage resulting from Wednesday’s storm to ensure you have documentation of impact needed for insurance & any federal or state relief programs that may become available moving forward.
COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit for Staff in School Settings and Childcare Programs (as of Friday, July 9, 2021)
CDC Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools (as of Friday, July 9, 2021)
CDC Issues Updated Summer Camp Guidance for Operating Youth Camps (updated Friday, May 28, 2021)
Guidance for Operating Youth and Summer Camps During COVID-19 (as of Saturday, April 24, 2021)
check out these updated resource links:
Air Filter: COVID-19 Disinfectant (Suggestion)
- Global Plasma Solutions: Brochure
- Global Plasma Solutions: Factsheet
- Global Plasma Solutions: Independent Lab Test Results
- Global Plasma Solutions: SARS-CoV-2 Information (June 10 2020)
Funding Opportunities / Grant Notices
- Economic assistance for nonprofits and small businesses
- New Jersey Department of Human Services Opens Grant Applications to Help Child Care Providers Meet Increased Costs Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- New Jersey Workforce Registry (NJCCIS.com) Offering Health and Safety Grants up to $5,000
- Paycheck Protection Program, Round 2 > Attn: Child Care Providers/Small Biz
- The School-Age Tuition Assistance Program has been extended through February 2021 for parents and caregivers
- ACNJ: A Framework for Reopening Child Care in New Jersey
- Back to school in New Jersey: What to expect this fall
- CDC Guidance for Reopening Schools & Childcare Programs (updated Thursday, July 23, 2020)
- CDC Guidance for Reopening America (issued May 20, 2020)
- CDC Issues Guidance, Health Considerations and Tools
- CDC Issues Updated Summer Camp Guidance for Operating Youth Camps (updated Friday, May 28, 2021)
- CDC Prioritization of Camp Staff for COVID-19 Vaccinations
- Child Care During COVID-19: Guidance & Implementation from Experts
- Child Care Subsidy Program (NJ) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- COVID-19 Actvitiy Guide (courtesy of Alaska’s Afterschool Network)
- COVID-19 Childcare Guidelines: New Changes!
- COVID-19 Information Hub
- COVID-19 Live Updates: CDC Says 3 Feet in Elementary Schools with Masks is OK
- COVID-19 Resources for Artists & Arts Organizations
- COVID-19 Self-Quarantine Guide
- COVID-19 Standards Child Care Centers
- DCF Guidance for New Jersey Child Care Facilities on COVID-19 Related Health and Safety Requirements (updated May 29, 2020)
- DHS/DFD COVID-19 Child Care Subsidy Initiative (updated on September 10, 2020)
- DFD Issues COVID-19 Child Care Subsidy Initiative Update (September 10, 2020)
- DFD Issues Important Updates Regarding Child Care Reimbursement (issued September 16, 2020)
- FDA advises consumers not to use hand sanitizer products manufactured by Eskbiochem
- FDA Updates on Hand Sanitizers with Methanol
- FDA Warns Consumers About Hand Sanitizer Packaged in Food and Drink Containers
- Field Guide for Camps on Implementation of CDC Guidance
- Governor Murphy Announces Child Care Initiative from Coronavirus Relief Fund to Support Working Families
- Guidance for New Jersey Child Care Facilities on COVID-19 Related Health and Safety Requirements
- Guidelines for Emergency Child Care and After-School Services
- Hurricane Season, Natural Disasters, Severe Weather, and COVID-19
- New Fact Sheet on Masks and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the School Setting you should know.
- NJEA Education Recovery plan
- NJDOE: Checklist for the Re-Opening of School 2020-2021
- NJDOE Fall Roadmap | The Road Back: Restart and Recovery Plan for Education
- New Jersey Child Care Subsidy Program: Frequently Asked Questions
- New Jersey COVID-19 Youth Summer Camp Standards
- New Jersey Department of Children and Families’ (DCF) COVID-19 Notification Protocols (updated Wed May 19, 2021)
- New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for Operating Child Care Centers (updated Wed May 26, 2021)
- New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 Guidance for Reopening Childcare (updated on September 29, 2020)
- New Jersey Department of Health: COVID-19 Public Health Recommendations for Local Health Departments for K-12 Schools (updated on Monday, August 13, 2020)
- Proposed Guidance for the Establishment of Emergency Child Care Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- State of New Jersey’s Executive Directive No. 21-004 – COVID-19 Child Care Standards (issued Wed May 26, 2021)
- USDA Extends Summer Meals Operations Through December 31, 2020
- American Camp Association (ACA) Virtual Program Resources – COVID-19
- CDC Parent Resource Checklist (English)
- CDC Parent Resource Checklist (Spanish)
- Child Care Providers and COVID-19: Paying the bills and helping staff pay theirs
- Community-Based Organizations COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit
- COVID-19 Activity Guide (courtesy of Alaska’s Afterschool Network) – English and Spanish
- COVID-19 Resources & Support for Emergency Child Care Center in New Jersey
- COVID-19 Resources for Artists & Arts Organizations
- COVID-19 Contact Tracing: A Course from Johns Hopkins
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registration
- Do child care programs spread COVID-19? Here’s the study.
- Door Sign for Child Care Programs to post during this COVID-19 pandemic (English and Spanish)
- How to Properly Wash Your Hands
- How to talk to your kids about coronavirus
- Hunger & Coronavirus Crisis
- Important news about NJ hunger relief during coronavirus crisis
- Mental Health and Wellness Tips During COVID-19
- New Jersey For All: Does Public Charge Apply To You?
- Nueva Jersey Para Todos: ¿Está Afectado Por La Regla De Carga Pública?
- New Jersey Leadership for Educational Excellence (L.E.E.): COVID-19 response
- New Rules, More Guidance, and Benefits Coming to Americans
- Office of the Governor > Brief but important COVID-19 updates
- Pandemic Youth Check-in List
- Recommendations for Thermometers
- Sesame Street COVID support
- Vaccine Q&A for Afterschool Staff
- Why Should You Take Your Children’s Internet Safety Seriously?
- Emergency Child Care Centers – We Want to Hear From You!
- Hunger Free NJ’s SNAP survey (English and Spanish)
- Survey of the Impact of COVID-19 Related School Closures on Student Learning in NJ
- SURVEY REPORT: Afterschool In The Time of COVID
Web Learning / Zoom Meetings
- FREE COVID-19 Courses – CDC Guideline for Schools, Day Camps, Businesses & Child Care Centers
- Afterschool Conversations with NJSACC (Call-in) > Weekly Thursdays 11am – 12pm
Dear Afterschool Friends,
During these uncertain times, we want you to know that the staff at NJSACC are here for you. The safety of you, your family and the families and children you serve, is our highest priority.
We will be communicating regularly via the NJSACC flash, the website and via email communication, providing information, resources, technical assistance, professional development opportunities, and help however we are able. While NJSACC staff are all working from home, we are also available for phone consultation to help program directors and staff develop plans to keep staff and youth engaged. All of these services will be provided for free until further notice.
If you are not working right now or have questions about unemployment eligibility, please refer to the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development here:
If you are working from home, we are able to assist you and your staff in using this time productively through online professional development and training and virtual technical assistance with NJSACC staff. Similar to our Voices of the Field Talking Series, we have been hosting weekly virtual discussions, titled “Afterschool Conversations with NJSACC,” to share current program practices, resources and questions. Please see the meeting information below:
We also encourage afterschool and out-of-school time providers and professionals to share with the larger field by contributing ideas and questions on our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages @NJSACC.
Our central information hub will be the NJSACC FLASH and our website where we will be continuously posting new resources and information: njsacc.org . If your program is currently operating and looking for qualified staff, please send NJSACC job postings for the Jobs FLASH here.
Let’s stay connected and continue to support one another through this pandemic. We care about the welfare and development of the youth we serve and will continue to give them the best we can.
Diane Genco, Executive Director
NJSACC: Statewide Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities