check out the updated resource links below:
- American Camp Association (ACA) Virtual Program Resources – COVID-19
- ACT NOW: Urge Congress to prioritize youth in COVID-19 response
- Cares Act Funding (School Districts and Enrichment)
- CDC Guidance for Reopening Schools / Summer Camp
- CDC Issues Guidance, Health Considerations and Tools
- Child Care During COVID-19: Guidance & Implementation from Experts
- Child Care Providers and COVID-19: Paying the bills and helping staff pay theirs
- Child Care Subsidy Program (NJ) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- COVID-19 Information Hub
- COVID-19 Resources & Support for Emergency Child Care Center in New Jersey
- COVID-19 Resources for Artists & Arts Organizations
- COVID-19 Self-Quarantine Guide
- Economic assistance for nonprofits and small businesses
- Emergency Child Care Assistance for Essential Employees Extended Through May
- Emergency Child Care Centers – We Want to Hear From You!
- Field Guide for Camps on Implementation of CDC Guidance
- FREE COVID-19 Courses – CDC Guideline for Schools, Day Camps, Businesses & Child Care Centers
- Guidelines for Emergency Child Care and After-School Services
- How to Properly Wash Your Hands
- How to talk to your kids about coronavirus
- Hunger & Coronavirus Crisis
- Important news about NJ hunger relief during coronavirus crisis
- Licensed & Center-Based Programs Call-in > Weekly Mondays 12pm – 1pm
- Mental Health and Wellness Tips During COVID-19
- New Jersey Child Care Subsidy Program: Frequently Asked Questions
- New Jersey For All: Does Public Charge Apply To You?
- Nueva Jersey Para Todos: ¿Está Afectado Por La Regla De Carga Pública?
- New Jersey Leadership for Educational Excellence (L.E.E.): COVID-19 response
- New Jersey Pandemic Relief Fund
- New Rules, More Guidance, and Benefits Coming to Americans
- Office of the Governor > Brief but important COVID-19 updates
- Pandemic Impact Networking and Discussion: School-Age Planning Workgroups Interest Survey
- Pandemic Youth Check-in List
- Paycheck Protection Program, Round 2 > Attn: Child Care Providers/Small Biz
- Public School Based Programs Call-in > Weekly Thursdays 10am – 11am
- Recommendations for Thermometers
- School-Age Planning Workgroups Interest Survey
- Sesame Street COVID support
- Survey of the Impact of COVID-19 Related School Closures on Student Learning in NJ
Dear Afterschool Friends,
During these uncertain times, we want you to know that the staff at NJSACC are here for you. The safety of you, your family and the families and children you serve, is our highest priority.
We will be communicating regularly via the NJSACC flash, the website and via email communication, providing information, resources, technical assistance, professional development opportunities, and help however we are able. While NJSACC staff are all working from home, we are also available for phone consultation to help program directors and staff develop plans to keep staff and youth engaged. All of these services will be provided for free until further notice.
As we continue to advocate and support school-age and out-of-school time programs, we would like to know how the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is impacting you and your program. Please take our quick survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
If you are not working right now or have questions about unemployment eligibility, please refer to the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development here:
If you are working from home, we are able to assist you and your staff in using this time productively through online professional development and training and virtual technical assistance with NJSACC staff. Similar to our Voices of the Field Talking Series, we are starting new virtual discussions “Afterschool Conversations with NJSACC” to share current program practices, resources and questions. We have two meetings scheduled for next week. Please see the meeting information below:
Licensed & Center-Based Programs Call-in > Weekly Mondays from 12pm – 1pm
Public School Based Programs Call-in > Weekly Thursdays from 10am – 11am
Public School Administered Afterschool Programs: Call-in > April 2, 2020 > 10am: https://www.njsacc.org/2020/03/afterschool-conversations-with-njsacc-take-a-break-with-us-thu-apr-2-10am/
Public School Programs–Monday, March 23rd, 10am-12pm: https://www.njsacc.org/2020/
Licensed, Subsidized & Center-Based School-Age Programs–Thursday, March 26th, 12pm-2pm: https://www.njsacc.org/2020/
We also encourage afterschool and out-of-school time providers and professionals to share with the larger field by contributing ideas and questions on our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages @NJSACC.
Our central information hub will be the NJSACC Flash and our website where we will be continuously posting new resources and information: njsacc.org . If your program is currently operating and looking for qualified staff, please send NJSACC job postings for the FLASH here.
Let’s stay connected and continue to support one another through this pandemic. We care about the welfare and development of the youth we serve and will continue to give them the best we can.
Diane Genco, Executive Director
NJSACC: Statewide Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities