2022 Next Gen Afterschool Leaders Nominations Now Open
Nominations for National AfterSchool Association’s 2022 Next Generation of After School Leaders is now open! If you know an emerging leader—age 30 or under—who is an afterschool evangelist, committed to professional development, and who has the potential to make lasting change in our field, nominate them today.
Deadline to submit your nomination: Friday, December 10, 2021
NAA’s Next Generation of Afterschool Leaders identifies young leaders and recognizes and cultivates the talent of afterschool evangelists who have the potential to influence the field of afterschool for years to come. The selected emerging leader honorees will have: demonstrated contributions that have started to influence beyond individual programs to organizations and communities, a proven passion for developing themselves and others, active engagement in efforts to elevate the afterschool field, and demonstrated persistence in their work to grow as leaders.
Join NAA in recognizing extraordinary individuals, age 30 or under -firm believers in the power of afterschool―who are vested in things like advocacy, professional development, creative program design, the power of youth voice, data and evaluation, and social justice.
If you know of a candidate worthy of this honor, review the information below and submit your nomination!
For the Next Generation of Afterschool Leaders 2022, NAA will highlight individuals age 30 or under as of November 10, 2021 who are:
- Active in the broader afterschool community, including, but not limited to membership in NAA and its state affiliates
- Actively engaged in efforts to elevate the afterschool field and profession
In addition, successful nominees will demonstrate:
- A proven passion for developing themselves and others, and persistence in growing as a leader
- Contributions that have started to influence entire organizations, communities, and beyond
- The NAA Core Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies (CKSCs) at the Apply Level, moving toward Amplify in many of the CKSC content areas.
- NAA appreciates all afterschool professionals and leaders, but in this case, we are searching for exceptional young leaders.
- Successful nominations will share specific examples that demonstrate the full extent of why a candidate is deserving of this unique, national recognition.
- To ensure that honorees are representative of the diverse communities served by our profession, we encourage nominations of Black, Indigenous, and other emerging leaders of color.
Each honoree will receive a free NAA Executive membership, a free NAA22 Convention registration, ongoing leadership development, support in broadening their professional networks, and other opportunities to expand their impact. Those selected must be willing to respond to a written interview, submit a professional photo, agree to be featured in the Spring 2022 issue of AfterSchool Today magazine, and be highlighted on NAA’s social channels and digital content.
- Nomination period: November 10-December 10, 2021
- Honoree notification: January 5, 2022
click here to learn more and nominate an Afterschool leader!