Webinar – From Youth Served to Youth Led: How to build an intergenerational team for impact – join us on Wed Dec 1
On December 1, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. EST The Institute for Citizens & Scholars (C&S) and the Afterschool Alliance will host an online webinar moderated and led by students from the Kentucky Student Voice Team (KSVT). The students will share content from a new report, The Co-Creation Generation, co-authored by C&S and KSVT. The report – part inspiring origin story, part toolkit, and part lessons learned – is intended to serve as a resource for those who seek to build meaningful youth-led and intergenerational initiatives in their organizations and/or their communities. This webinar will be a chance to ask questions of the KSVT citizen-experts, learn tips and strategies to bring back to your team, or just listen to young people talk about the incredible work they do in their schools and communities. Whether you are a seasoned practitioner, a student seeking to engage in education policy or civic spaces, or someone altogether new to the concept of intergenerational co-design and co-leadership, this webinar is for you!
The Institute for Citizens & Scholars (C&S) recognizes the extraordinary power in the potential for young people and adults to work together to solve persistent issues in their communities. Intergenerational co-design and co-leadership maximizes impact by including more voices, particularly the voices of youth which are often most impacted and yet rarely included in decision- and policy-making. And, through this work, young people cultivate their civic knowledge, skills, and dispositions, and interact with people from diverse backgrounds and beliefs.
- Help youth and adults working in community-based programs to build capacity and support towards creating projects OF youth, BY youth, FOR youth
- Begin to develop common standards of practice and measurement tools for civic learning
Learn more about the KSVT Case Study. Learn more about the Kentucky Student Voice Team, here. Read more about The Institute for Citizens & Scholars and its Civic Learning Portfolio.
- Cadence Brown, KY Student Voice Team
- Ana Despa, KY Student Voice Team
- Connor Flick, KY Student Voice Team
- Zoë Jenkins, KY Student Voice Team
- Norah Laughter, KY Student Voice Team
- Pragya Upreti, KY Student Voice Team
- Emanuelle Sippy, Board Member and Advisor, KY Student Voice Team
- Jeannemarie Halleck, Civic Spring Program Manager, Citizens & Scholar
Please note: This meeting will include breakout rooms where attendees may use their video and audio to participate in the conversation. The meeting and breakouts will be recorded, and the recording will be shared and posted.