Exelon Green Lab Grant: Apply by Fri Oct 1
The Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago is proud to partner with Exelon in championing science learning for high school students and in encouraging new thinking about our environment.
We are inviting out-of-school time (OST) providers to develop a “STEM lab of the future” aimed at tackling solutions to the environmental crisis, with a head-on approach and hands-on science skills. Recipients of the Exelon Green Lab Grant will be provided with funding to create or modernize new or existing spaces with interactive activities grounded in science, technology, math and/or engineering, among other disciplines.
- Provide high school-aged youth from traditionally under-resourced areas with access to labs with new/updated equipment.
- Encourage a deeper understanding of how technology can be leveraged to promote environmental sustainability.
- Provide opportunities to promote youth problem-solving and creativity using new technologies.
- Foster career exposure and opportunities for students in each of Exelon’s service areas.
Who should apply for the Exelon Green Lab grant?
We’re looking for schools, charter schools and other nonprofit organizations with after-school programs that primarily serve high school students. They should also meet the following criteria:
- Focusing on the environment and issues related to the climate emergency
- Intending to build, expand or enhance a space dedicated to hands-on science, technology, math or engineering (STEM)
- Primarily serving Title I-eligible schools or populations meeting similar criteria
- Primarily functioning during out-of-school time
- Operating in one of these areas: Delaware • District of Columbia • Illinois • Maryland • New Jersey • Pennsylvania
Application deadline: October 1, 2021
- Is this you? Apply now!
- Not sure? Contact us! We’ll be glad to let you know. For more information, email GreenLab@msichicago.org
click here to learn more and apply