NJSACC Celebrates Black History Month. You can too.
National African American History Month (also known as Black History Month) in February celebrates the contributions African Americans have made to American history in their struggles for freedom and equality and deepens our understanding of our Nation’s history.
Black History Month Resources:
- 20 Pertinent Classroom Resources For Black History Month
- A-Z List of Black Inventors: Share an Inventor a Day in your Afterschool Program
- Black History 2021–Unsung Black Heroes: YouTube Series
- National Education Association Black History Month Lessons & Resources
- Resources for PreK-8 featuring Black History, Culture, and Experiences
- Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture-Education Resources
- Teaching Black History in Culturally Responsive Ways
NJSACC staff has taken full advantage of this opportunity to curate and compile a list of some resources that support teaching and sharing various cultural celebrations with the youth you serve. This resource guide has been bookmarked and indexed. Once you’ve downloaded this PDF, you may either scroll through or select each resource from the table of contents. To go back, click on the BACK button located on the bottom of each page.