NJSACC Seeks Full-Time Technical Assistance Specialist and Quality Coach, Bilingual (Spanish)
As New Jersey’s Statewide Afterschool Network, NJSACC works to build lasting public support for quality afterschool and out-of-school time (OST) programs across New Jersey (NJ). Led by a public-private partnership, the network builds public awareness and support; offers guidance for providers and advocates; strengthens relationships with policymakers, funders, and practitioners, and shares best practices in the field.
The Technical Assistance Specialist will play a key role in the development and delivery of technical assistance, professional development, networking, and evaluation support of school-age out-of-school time (OST) programs, as well as supporting similar efforts by state, county and municipal partners.
- Technical Assistance Specialist and Quality Coach, Bilingual (Spanish)
- Full Time
- NJSACC Quality Team Director
- 35 hours/week
- $57,800 plus generous benefits package
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in providing a strong network of school-age program professionals in NJ.
- Provide technical assistance including assessment and quality enhancement planning for the development, expansion and improvement of school-age programs throughout NJ, utilizing proven resources.
- Provide in person and virtual site visits as appropriate.
- Translate current and upcoming NJSACC written communication and documents into Spanish including, but not limited to:
- NJ Quality Standards for Afterschool (NJQSA)
- NJSACC training slides and notes
- NJSACC technical assistance paperwork
- NJSACC flyers and other marketing documents
- Present professional, dynamic, engaging, interactive 1-2 hour trainings virtually and/or in person to school-age professionals and staff in Spanish and English.
- Prepare all aspects of the presentation beforehand including presentation tools, supplies, resources, tech checks, and handouts as appropriate.
- Facilitate and manage a school age providers’ peer group held in Spanish.
- Attend work groups and peer groups including:
- CCR&R Workgroup for staff supporting school-age care
- Targeted Technical Assistance Initiative peer group
- Other appropriate groups as they evolve
- Participate in providing a comprehensive inclusion network for all licensed childcare and family child care providers.
- Participate in and provide support for Afterschool Conversations.
- Participate in and provide training at conferences, workshops and through information services (afterschool Conversations, the intros/visits we do with programs, CCRRs, TAS, etc.) as assigned.
- Complete all documentation and reports in a professional and timely manner.
- Respond to emails, voicemails and all other communication daily on weekdays as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and/or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Fluent and professional in both written and spoken English and Spanish languages.
- Ability to competently translate both written and spoken English and Spanish languages.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience working with children in OST or similar programs.
- At least 2 years of staff supervisory experience.
- Preferred – 2 years of experience in providing technical assistance to OST (or related) programs, including experience in providing verbal and written feedback.
- Knowledge of school-age afterschool and OST program best practices, assessment tools and resources.
- Ability, facility, and basic tools to work virtually and professionally 50-100% of hours from home office.
- Competent, proficient and comfortable in the use of technology including high competency level with at least google suite, power point, zoom, email, and all cell phone functions including voice and text contact.
- Ability to complete all documentation and reports in a professional manner.
- Ability to create and deliver in person &/or virtual training including accompanying slide shows and handouts in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work a flexible 35 hour/week schedule with availability at least one Saturday/month and, on a weekly basis, at least one weeknight until 9pm
- Availability for site visits during typical afterschool hours at least 2 days/week.
- Efficiently manage multiple tasks with accuracy and respond to changing priorities as necessary.
- Able to attend in person meetings and/or other full day events in the Westfield office at least 2 times/month.
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout the state as necessary to provide services.
- Holds a current New Jersey Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently and manage time and projects effectively and efficiently.
- Will be required to agree to and follow all of the applicable staff guidelines as detailed in the NJSACC Staff Handbook.
- Required to provide a writing and/or presentation sample in both Spanish and English during interview process.
How To Apply:
- Please email your resume to Dagmar Wojcik, Quality Team Director, at: firstname.lastname@example.org