NJSACC is Hiring a Chief Operating Officer
The New Jersey School-Age Care Coalition (NJSACC) is the Statewide Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities. NJSACC promotes and supports the development, continuity, and expansion of out-of-school time programs, statewide.
title of position and description:
- Chief Operating Officer
- NJSACC is seeking a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded Chief Operating Officer (COO) with experience scaling an organization, leading a management team, and developing a performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. The COO leads all operational functions of the organization. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO implements processes and approaches to achieve the strategic plan’s initiatives and will work closely with the CEO to strategize and implement NJSACC’s mission and vision. The COO will lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization while providing a strong day-to-day leadership presence for all staff members.
The primary responsibilities of the COO include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organizational Leadership
- Operational Excellence and Community Impact
- Ensure Financial Health and Sustainability of the Agency’s Operations
- Develop and Foster a Culture of Excellence, Inclusiveness, and Appreciation
- Advocacy and Partnership Support
- Master’s degree in social work, counseling or related field preferred and/or 5+ years of related professional experience; Bachelor’s degree required in early childhood education, social work or related field.
- Experience and enthusiasm in working with after-school and out-of-school time professionals and programs. Knowledge of out-of-school time best practices and resources, the NJ Quality Standards for Afterschool, NJ state childcare systems including licensing and subsidy, the NJCCIS registry, and NJ social service programs.
- Proven financial acumen.
- Experience collaborating within non-profit entities, establishing and maintaining partnerships.
- Supervisory experience and team building skills with the ability to balance empowering staff and maintaining staff accountability.
- Highly organized, motivated, self-starter and the ability to work independently, manage time and projects effectively and efficiently.
- A high level of empathy, understanding and ability to work well with others, effectively with different work styles and personalities.
- Effective communication skills.
- Technologically savvy; high level of competence in the use of technology including proficiency with at least Microsoft Office, Google suite, spreadsheets, databases, word processing, power points, zoom, email and cell phone functions.
- Ability to work virtually and professionally from a remote location and/or from NJSACC’s Westfield, NJ office location.
- Experience in developing and maintaining data management systems.
- Experience in fundraising and philanthropy, preferred.
- Able to agree to and follow all of the applicable staff guidelines as detailed in the NJSACC Employee Manual.
- English; additional languages desired.
- NJSACC is a statewide agency, serving all of New Jersey. However, our office is located in Westfield, NJ. The COO may work remotely, in-person at our Westfield office location, or on a hybrid schedule (remote and in-person).
salary or salary range:
- Full-Time; 35 hours per week
- Maximum $75,000 depending on experience
- Generous compensation package includes paid time off, holidays, 401K, and other benefits
- Friday, February 10, 2023