NJSACC, in partnership with the Search Institute, Presents: The Intentional Relationships Workshop
Relationships are too important to leave to chance. Educational success and social-emotional development blossom when caring adults and supportive peers are present in young people’s lives. Extensive research has documented relationships as the roots of social and emotional development for youth. Yet many professionals who work directly with youth – especially youth from marginalized communities – face challenges in forming well rounded relationships that connect with the diverse needs of youth. This workshop helps participants learn to intentionally build developmental relationships with young people to powerfully benefit youth learning and development.
Attendance is required at both sessions.
Dates and Time:
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022 | 10:00am – 12:15pm
- Thursday, September 29, 2022 | 10:00am – 12:15pm
- Identify the difference between being intentional and being inclusive.
- Believe that relationships impacted your own development.
- Assess your relational style using the Developmental Framework.
- Understand the origin of Developmental Framework.
- Be able to identify the 5 elements of the Developmental Relationships Framework.
- Identify some ways that 5 elements are reflected in your current your practices.
- Identify and commit to using one element of the framework in daily practice to cultivate developmental relationships with young people
- Identify approaches available in the Relationship Builder’s Guidebook
Who should attend?
- Staff from K12 Schools
- Staff from any Youth Serving Program
Space is Limited!