Being a Support for LGBTQ Youth and Families – join us on Tue Jun 14 – 10am
This workshop focuses on the needs of young people related to sexual orientation and gender identity with emphasis on questions regarding transgender youth, The session includes an overview of experiences of prek-12 children, concerns of staff, and needs for program policy regarding LGBTQ issues. The workshop will address factors that facilitate safe and welcoming climates, strategies for being an ally to all young persons impacted by LGBTQ concerns as well as resources for promoting respect for all regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
Carol Watchler, Community Outreach Coordinator, Bayard Rustin Center for Social Justice
IN ORDER TO ATTEND THIS TRAINING, YOU MUST OBTAIN A NJ WORKFORCE REGISTRY NUMBER.
Please follow these steps to sign up for the NJ Workforce Registry:
- Go to www.njccis.com and click Log In in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- On the next screen click Register in the gray bar that asks if you are a new user.
- On the next screen fill in all the required information. It will ask you what you are requesting approval for. Please select the option that best describes your position. For afterschool providers either Director, ECE Assistant Teacher or ECE Teacher will be the best match. Then click Register in the lower right hand corner.
- You should receive an email to activate your account.
- Once activated, search for these trainings using Event ID: 132303 here.
If you have a technical question about the NJ Workforce Registry, please call PCG at 1-877-522-1050 or email them at: email@example.com