January is National Mentoring Month – here are some highlights
In celebration of National Mentoring Month, we are highlighting some of our favorite articles. From mentoring youth in programs, to young professionals in the field, mentoring is an important development strategy. Check out the resources below and think about how you can incorporate mentoring at all levels.
- Let’s meet youth where they are and find ways to mentor in virtual spaces. Learn more about e-mentoring for youth.
- Use mentoring with young OST professionals as a strategy to support staff retention and career development. Learn more about the value of mentoring for early career professionals.
- Mentoring is a tremendous factor in career pathways and workforce development for OST professionals. Learn more about the importance of mentoring as a tool for career development.
- Focusing on peer support and mentoring for women of color is powerful, especially in the OST field where women of color are less likely to receive on the job mentoring. Learn about what California has been doing to nurture women of color.
- Think about mentors in your life, what impact they had, and how your career path has been impacted. Now think about what you could offer as a mentor, how you can help guide a young person in your life. Learn about why Adrienne Wallace mentors.
- A good mentor can have a professional and personal impact. Learn more about what makes a strong mentor – mentee relationship.
While January is National Mentoring Month, we don’t have to limit ourselves in celebrating the impact mentoring has on the young people in our programs and the OST professionals around us. Mentoring is a strategy that should be intentionally implemented throughout the year.
How are you going to celebrate mentoring this month and support others by including mentoring in your work this year?