NJSACC now offers FREE as well as low-cost on-line professional development workshops that can be done from the comfort of your own home at collabornation.net. These trainings are designed to help afterschool professionals complete annual training requirements.
The afterschool trainings are based on materials written by national afterschool expert Roberta L. Newman. A vast selection of courses from, Exploring the Continuum of Developmental Tasks of School-Age Children from 5 to 12 to Director Level courses such as, Creating and Managing Budgets in School-Age Programs and more, will be available.
- These trainings can be taken at any time, 24/7.
- A review quiz is given at the end of each training.
- A certificate is issued at the completion of each training course.
- For those of you who need CEUs, CEUs are issued with each training.
- Trainings are acceptable by the New Jersey Office of Licensing and the NJ Workforce Registry.
- Cost is $15 per training.
Please follow these steps to sign up for the NJ Workforce Registry:
- Go to www.njccis.com and click Log In in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- On the next screen click Register in the gray bar that asks if you are a new user.
- On the next screen fill in all the required information. It will ask you what you are requesting approval for. Please select the option that best describes your position. For afterschool providers either Director, ECE Assistant Teacher or ECE Teacher will be the best match. Then click Register in the lower right hand corner.
- You should receive an email to activate your account.
To sign up for your FREE Collabornation account please follow the steps below. You must have a NJ Workforce Registry ID number to complete the registration process (see directions above). If you do not have a Workforce ID Number, please obtain one BEFORE you start the Collabornation registration:
- Click Create Account if you do not already have one
- Fill out the information, create a password and click on I’m not a robot to proceed
- Click Create Account
- Click Join Free
- Confirm that you want to join
- Fill out the Registration Fields and click submit
If you have a technical question about the NJ Workforce Registry please call PCG at 1-877-522-1050 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.