Seeking to fill new positions in this county and want to post your afterschool job listings?
NJSACC: The Statewide Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities promotes and supports the development, continuity and expansion of quality programs for children and youth during out-of-school time.
We are proud to continue spreading the word about any new positions happening within the Afterschool and Out-of-School time professions.
To include your job listing in our next weekly post, please e-mail a short blurb, logo, all relevant links to apply and contact information via email here.
Kean University’s Part-Time Job and Internship Fair is Tue Oct 5
From 12-4pm on Tue October 5, 2021, join this job and internship fair to learn about opportunities at Kean University.
Sign up to recruit from Kean and participate in their Part-Time Job and Internship Fair by visiting: https://www.collegecentral.com/kean/ or by scanning the QR code above to register your job or internship listing!
Elizabeth YMCA Seek Aftercare Program Counselors (Part-Time)
Contact Name and Details:
- Naldy Velarde
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (908) 355-9622
- Location: Elizabeth, NJ
- Website: tgfymca.org
- Monday-Friday After Care
- 15-20 hours per week
Join our school-age child care programs in the Elizabeth School District. Our Afterschool counselors are responsible for leading his/her assigned group in various planned activities that will engage students and support the overall goals of the program.
- Must be available 5 days a week during program hours.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of participants in the program, by providing appropriate supervision at all times.
- Plan and implement meaningful activities, lesson plans, and special events that are age-appropriate and exciting based in the areas of arts, STEM, character development, creative expression, community service, physical fitness, and/or nutrition.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, sign in/out forms, behavior/incident/accident reports, as appropriate).
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events at the Y (family nights) as needed.
- Experience working with school-age children preferred
- Must have car and valid driver’s license to get to and from designated site.
- Comfortable working with large groups of students in grades K-5 (elementary school program) or 6-8 (middle school program)
- Must be able to work cooperatively with other staff members to ensure the program is running at a high quality.
- Ability to structure program with engaging & fun activities including but not limited to, homework help, arts & crafts, physical activities, team building, etc.
- Friendly personality and comfortable communicating with parents of students.
Interested applicants please contact:
- Naldy Velarde at: email@example.com or (908) 355-9622
Fanwood – Scotch Plains Y Seeks to Fill 2 School Age Child Care Positions
School Age Child Care Counselor – Part Time
The Fanwood-Scotch Plains Y has an opportunity to join our team in the School Age Child Care Department. The SACC Counselor is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the School Age Before and After Care Program site for which he/she is hired. The SACC Counselor provides a high level of supervision for the children in his/her care and assists with activities as directed by the Site Supervisor. The Counselors work as part of a team to ensure that a safe and caring environment is provided for all children at all times. For more information, visit: https://fspymca.org/careers/employment-opportunities.
School Age Child Care Site Supervisor – Part Time
The Fanwood-Scotch Plains Y has an opportunity to join our team in the School Age Child Care Department. The Site Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the School Age, Before and Aftercare program site. The Site Supervisor will coach and work with the Counselors to create a safe, caring and enriching environment for all children at all times. The Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that YMCA policies and Licensing standards are met in regards to day-to-day operations including maintaining up-to-date records, ensuring supervision policies are implemented, guiding the behavior of children, planning and delivering the weekly curriculum and managing staff. For more information, visit: https://fspymca.org/careers/employment-opportunities.