Seeking to fill new positions in this county and want to post your afterschool job listings?
NJSACC: The Statewide Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities promotes and supports the development, continuity and expansion of quality programs for children and youth during out-of-school time.
We are proud to continue spreading the word about any new positions happening within the Afterschool and Out-of-School time professions.
To include your job listing in our next weekly post, please e-mail a short blurb, logo, all relevant links to apply and contact information via email here.
Because the following job listings are posted multiple times on the web, please be aware that some of the positions listed may now be filled.
YMCA of Paterson Seeks Afterschool Program Counselor (and other positions too)
YMCA of Paterson Youth Development provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Hours: Monday – Friday 2:30 pm – 6:00 pm
All employees and customers are required to wear a mask and follow safety precautions to help prevent the spread of infections related to COVID-19 and any other variance.
Afterschool Program Counselor – Job Description
- Assists with implementation of activities for children which includes homework time, enrichment activities, organized physical activities, free play, and snack time
- Represent the YMCA of Paterson in a positive manner in all interactions. Function as a positive role model and set a positive example through behavior
- Assists Director with supervision of all children on the site
- Provides a safe environment for children and follow all required safety procedures
- Set up the afterschool room in advance of children’s arrival and cleans up after children’s departure
- Attend all YMCA training and meetings as requested. Maintain certifications necessary for the position throughout the program
- Use positive group management techniques. Anticipate and deal with behavior problems in accordance with YMCA’s Discipline and Expulsion Policy
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary
- Experience working with children is preferred
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be punctual, responsible, and pay attention to detail
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach and must be able to move around the work environment
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust
- YMCA of Paterson128 Ward Street
Paterson, NJ 07505
973-684-2320 x 54
- If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys & Girls Club of Clifton Seeks to Fill Several Positions
Do you want to create positive change in your community?
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of Clifton and Woodland Park youth?
Do you want to be connected with a meaningful mission?
The Boys & Girls Club of Clifton offers competitive pay for part-time staff, professional development, leadership training, and more.
- contact name and email: Elly Simon | email@example.com
- location: Clifton and Woodland Park, Passaic County
- salary or salary range: $12 and up
Click on each link below to learn more about each position:
- Security Officer
- Site Supervisor of Before and After School Program
- Woodland Park Pre-K Program Coordinator
- Youth Development Professional (YDP) Counselor
Paterson Education Fund Seeks 21st Century After School Program Project Director
Reporting to the Executive Director, the 21st Century Project Director will be responsible for managing and implementing the educational program and budget described in the approved application to ensure that the agency meets its responsibilities to the NJDOE under the grant agreement in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure implementation with approved application (monitor program/budget appropriately);
- Complete necessary reports and submit to state;
- Oversee the maintenance of participant files, program forms, and applicable licenses;
- Oversee the development of attendance policy, calendar of activities and class schedules;
- Meet with key program staff, teachers, partners, collaborators, evaluator, etc. regularly;
- Coordinate 21st CCLC advisory board meetings and ensure implementation of sustainability plan;
- Supervise Site Coordinators, administrative staff and program volunteers;
- Conduct program orientation for staff, parents, students, volunteers, and key program staff;
- Develop and ensure implementation of curriculum that is age and content appropriate;
- Provide ongoing training and support to program staff;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of health and emergency plans/files;
- Attend mandated project directors’ meetings and required professional development trainings
- Ensure compliance with evaluation requirements (data-entry into federal and state data-collection systems, PPICS and PARS21 respectively)
- BA Degree, MA preferred
- Experience with grant management required, including budget development.
- Experience with grant and grant report writing.
- Fingerprint and TB test clearance.
- Experience working in a school and/or agency setting.
- Valid NJ Teaching Certificate preferred
- Spanish fluency for translation preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse district/school staff, parents, and community members.
- Able to implement and supervise a positive learning environment, incorporating academics, enrichment and recreation.
- CPR/1st Aid certified – preferred.
Learn more below: