Seeking to fill new positions in this county and want to post your afterschool job listings?
NJSACC: The Statewide Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities promotes and supports the development, continuity and expansion of quality programs for children and youth during out-of-school time.
We are proud to continue spreading the word about any new positions happening within the Afterschool and Out-of-School time professions.
To include your job listing in our next weekly post, please e-mail a short blurb, logo, all relevant links to apply and contact information via email here.
Because the following job listings are posted multiple times on the web, please be aware that some of the positions listed may now be filled.
Harborview Child Care Center (a YMCA of MEWSA Early Learning Center) Seeks Pre-School Teacher and Pre-School Teacher Assistant
CHILD CARE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES – Join a District Early Learning Center, where providing a loving, nurturing, learning environment for children 2-5 to ensure every child has the opportunity to develop to their fullest and to ensure our families are supported is our focus.
- 45 Market Street
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
- Rita MacNeill
Please apply by email to:
Or visit the YMCA website:
- www.ymcaofmewsa.org and follow the ‘employment’ tab on the upper right hand side!
This is a teacher position in a Provider Program for the Perth Amboy Board of Education state funded
Preschool Program. Teacher will be working with a Paraprofessional in a classroom of 15 children ages 3-5.
- Applicants must have a NJ State P-3 Certification.
- Knowledge of the Creative Curriculum, Teaching Strategies Assessment, ECERS-3, Bilingual in Spanish and English are all a plus.
- Hours: M – F; 8:20 am – 3:05 pm; Sept 1 – June 30
- Salary based on Perth Amboy School District wage scale.
Pre-school Teacher Assistant
This is a teacher assistant position in a Preschool Program. Teacher Assistant will be working with
children ages 2.5 – 5 years old.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Child care experience, education and knowledge of the Creative Curriculum, ECERS-3, Bilingual in Spanish and English are a plus.
- Hours: M-F; 7:45 am – 1:00 pm, 3:00 – 5:45
- Salary based on Perth Amboy School District wage scale.
ALL YMCA STAFF ARE EXTENDED A COMPLIMENTARY STAFF MEMBERSHIP!
Full-time staff are extended a comprehensive benefit plan, retirement fund eligibility, and more!
Raritan Valley YMCA Seeks to fill Afterschool Positions
The Y offers flexible work in a mission-driven environment. It provides an amazing work environment where employees work with effective supervisors, enjoy a healthy work/life balance, and are part of productive teams. The Y provides ongoing professional development, training including CPR and First Aide, and a FREE YMCA Membership to all employees. The Y is a great place to enter the workforce, use your talents, and supplement your income as a retiree all while making a difference in your community.
We offer meaningful jobs, a fun and supportive work environment and a friendly and professional atmosphere mixed with generous dose of team spirit, respect for others, excellent work relations and pride in knowing that we make a difference.
Contact name and email: Preeti Srivastava – psrivastava@raritanvalleyymca.
Title of Position and Description:
After School Care Aides – Provide safe, caring, supportive learning environment for children ages 5-12. Implement enrichment activities that support youth development with social skills, healthy living, and academic needs. Flexible shifts available Mon-Fri with flexible hours between 7am -6:00pm.
Early Childhood Care Aides – Provide safe, caring, supportive learning environment for children ages 6 weeks through Kindergarten. Flexible shifts available Mon-Fri between 7:00am-7:00pm.
- Geographic location – East Brunswick, NJ-08816
- Salary or Salary range – $12-$15
Community Child Care Solutions (CCCS) Seeks Executive Director, Perth Amboy
Community Child Care Solutions (CCCS) is the designated Child Care Resource and Referral Agency serving Middlesex and Somerset Counties. CCCS believes that all children deserve the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential and we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of services to children, their families, and child care professionals through education, advocacy, referrals and access to financial assistance.
We are currently looking for an Executive Director to serve, under the direction of the Board of Trustees, as the leader of our dynamic, high-performing Agency.
Position: Executive Director, Perth Amboy, NJ
The Executive Director is responsible and accountable for the Agency’s overall operational success. In this role, the incumbent will give direction to the formulation of, and leadership to the accomplishment of, the organization’s mission, values, vision, philosophy, ethical norms, and strategy, and to its annual goals and objectives. Along with the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will enable the Board of Trustees to fulfill its governance function and will facilitate optimum interaction between management and the Board.
Specific responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Serve as the chief executive spokesperson for the Agency, thereby assuring needed representation with the Agency’s various constituents;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key agencies; such as Division of Family Development, Division of Child Protection & Permanency, Head Start and School Districts, and partners administering DFD’s quality initiatives and community networks crucial to the operation and function of the Agency as it develops needed human services;
- Ensure the Agency’s mission, values, philosophy, and ethical norms are pertinent and practiced consistently throughout the Agency;
- Approve all financial disbursements and monitor all financial and accounting activities of the Agency;
- Prepare annual operating budgets with assistance of staff;
- Implement annual financial audit of the Corporation, prepared by a Certified Public Accountant, named by the Board of Trustees, and present annual financial audit at a meeting of the Board for review and approval of its members;
The successful candidate’s background and skill set will include all of the following:
- 7+ years of leadership experience, in a social services, non profit, or child care organization of a size and scope of service comparable to that of Community Child Care Solutions, ($3.5M operating budget, 55+ employees, 2 sites);
- Experience working with relevant key agencies such as Division of Family Development, Division of Child Protection & Permanency, Head Start, School Districts and other child care related networks in the community.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and commitment to the mission, values, vision, philosophy and ethical norms of Community Child Care Solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and relationship building skills in order to relate effectively to individuals at all organizational levels and to all strata of society;
- Excellent leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to encourage the empowerment of staff members and community participation in the Agency’s works;
- Ability to communicate effectively with the media and community at large to promote and enhance the reputation of Community Child Care Solutions;
- Knowledge of non-profit financial practices and reporting requirements;
- Ability to interpret contracts and other legal documents;
- Strong analytical abilities and superior judgement;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, or relevant field. Training in business management, fiscal and non-profit management.
- Excellent opportunity for an individual with comprehensive knowledge and experience managing a child care or related organization.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes a medical, dental, vision, retirement, and prescription drug plan, life insurance, and a generous vacation and sick-time package.
To learn more about Community Child Care Solutions, please visit our web site: www.communitychildcaresolutions.org
Interested candidates can email their resumes containing salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Child Care Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
South Brunswick School District Seeks to fill Several Wrap Around Positions
Apply online through the Department of Human Resources page on the Staff Portal at: http://sbstaff.sbschools.org
For additional information, please contact Jennifer Osemwegie, Director of the Wrap Around Program, at: email@example.com
Applications accepted until September 25, 2020 or until filled.