Seeking to fill new positions in this county and want to post your afterschool job listings?
NJSACC: The Statewide Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities promotes and supports the development, continuity and expansion of quality programs for children and youth during out-of-school time.
We are proud to continue spreading the word about any new positions happening within the Afterschool and Out-of-School time professions.
To include your job listing in our next weekly post, please e-mail a short blurb, logo, all relevant links to apply and contact information via email here.
Because the following job listings are posted multiple times on the web, please be aware that some of the positions listed may now be filled.
JCC of Bayonne Seeks Part-time Staff
Pick up from local schools via bus and bring back to JCC of Bayonne; snack, homework help, enrichment activities include sports, pool time, games, movies, park, etc.
Resume required. Experience with children necessary
Applicants should email their resume to email@example.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of Hudson County Seeks Project Director for 21st CCLC program
Lead and manage 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) Grant under the auspices of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Hudson County to provide high-quality after school and summer programs that help students learn and succeed in a changing world. The 21st CCLC program is designed to provide academic enrichment and a broad array of services to help students meet State academic standards and engage families in their education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Boys and Girls Club, schools, district administration, partnering agencies and Advisory Council to implement 21st CCLC grant(s) as written.
- Manage high-quality out-of-school time programs that provide academic support, health and wellness opportunities, and educational enrichment to students at two school sites.
- Supervise, observe, and coach afterschool and summer program staff toward continuous program improvement.
- Lead regular staff meetings for ongoing planning, needs, reflection and improvement goals.
- Plan staff training to develop skills and best practices in programming and youth development.
- Support program development at sites with resources, field trips, community programs, and special guests.
- Coordinate ongoing opportunities for parent engagement and education in partnership with sites.
- Manage data collection and online reporting to inform programming and meet grant requirements.
- Develop and monitor grant operating budget and prepare periodic financial reports.
- Lead meetings of the CLC Advisory Council toward program advocacy and sustainability.
- Communicate with stakeholders (parents, school staff/admin, and community) on multiple platforms.
- Fundraise and advocate as needed to sustain or expand programs.
- Perform other duties as required to comply with 21st CCLC grant requirements and/or assigned.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Ensure the implementation of activities that inspire participation.
- Design and develop project-based learning curriculum.
- Communicate positively and create relationships with members, academic personnel, staff, parents, volunteers and community members.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services, and activities to ensure safety of members and quality in programs, in conjunction with evaluator.
- Create processes and procedures to ensure adherence to standards
- Create program schedules to ensure that grant requirements are met
- Provide professional development to staff as required by grant goals and objectives
- Complete appropriate data tracking and reporting according to grant requirements
- Collaborate with staff and evaluator to ensure that outcomes are being met, grant reports are complete and all compliance issues are addressed
- Manage all 21st CCLC program staff
- Train and orient staff to Club, NJ Childcare, and grant procedures, processes and regulations
- Evaluate staff performance to ensure compliance with standards
- Create staff schedules and monitor time keeping records
- Track all inventory and purchases with grant funds and develop a system of inventory tracking throughout the project year
- Participate in all Club staff meetings and 21st CCLC meetings
- Create, develop and maintain a 21st CCLC Advisory Council with regularly scheduled meetings. Attend training and staff development sessions
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- Must be able to attend 21st Century training and conferences.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Four year degree required, preferably in education or youth development.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with school age children in a youth development. Boys & Girls Clubs experience preferred.
- Experience with education system and understanding of relationship to Clubs.
- Experience with project management, collaboration, leadership, and working with multiple partners.
- Experience in working with budgets, policies, and Federal/State regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with
- staff, parents, and children.
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Good general computer skills including databases, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Valid driver license and good driving record.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $50,000.00 to $54,000.00 /year
click here and email to apply