Introduction to Supporting Trauma-Impacted Youth at Camp
This workshop will begin by building an understanding of trauma and what it may look and feel like in our campers (and ourselves!). We’ll explore how the brain develops and ways the stress and trauma of the pandemic and other events can impact behavior and learning. We will then explore practical ways to create physically and emotionally safe environments that can make a positive difference this summer.
Presented by Kat King Inclusion
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
Time: 10:30am – 11:30am EST
Register at www.njccis.com with Event ID: 127632
In order to attend this training, you must obtain a NJ Workforce Registry Number.
Please follow these steps to sign up for the NJ Workforce Registry:
- Go to www.njccis.com and click Log In in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- On the next screen click Register in the gray bar that asks if you are a new user.
- On the next screen fill in all the required information. It will ask you what you are requesting approval for. Please select the option that best describes your position. For afterschool providers either Director, ECE Assistant Teacher or ECE Teacher will be the best match. Then click Register in the lower right hand corner.
- You should receive an email to activate your account.
- Once activated, search for these trainings using Event ID: 127632
If you have a technical question about the NJ Workforce Registry, please call PCG at 1-877-522-1050 or email them at: email@example.com