Leading for Quality: Growing Your Out-of-School Time Workforce - Multiple November Dates
NJSACC, in collaboration with the National Institute on Out-of-School Time, offers a three-session training – one in-person session and two virtual sessions – designed for program directors who want to recognize and implement equitable out-of-school time workforce recruitment and retention strategies, especially for young adults. This training will explore a variety of opportunities via education connections, such as internships, apprenticeships, and student-to-work credit, as well as community alliances and partnerships.
Each session will introduce concepts, tools, and strategies that help program leaders navigate the unique challenges and opportunities associated with the afterschool workforce. Sessions will center around three primary goals of the employment experience:
(1) developing foundational skills for continued work in youth development, (2) fostering an awareness of and an interest in future careers in out-of-school time or education, and (3) creating relational connections to people already working in the out-of-school time field. Critical topics such as funding, partnerships, sustainability, and adopting a worker-centered approach will also be included.
Come learn from both experts in the out-of-school time field as well as from each other in this exploratory and action-oriented series.
Target Audience is New Jersey 21st CCLC directors and non-21st CCLC program coordinators who:
- Are interested in addressing afterschool workforce challenges with innovative strategies
- Want to know how programs draw young adults into out-of-school time and education career pathways
- Are eager to try new approaches at their program
- Are curious to reflect, be proactive, and enhance their own leadership style
- Previous attendees welcome to register and continue to enhance their leadership skills.
- One in-person session and two virtual sessions
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- 9am – 3pm
- Location: Westfield, NJ
Virtual Sessions via Zoom
- Dates: Tuesday, November 28 and Wednesday, November 29, 2023
- Time: 10am – noon
- Each session is 1.5 hours of group time and an optional half hour for questions and coaching support.
- Resources will be provided via download.
This project was funded in its entirety Under Title IV, Part B of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) grant funds through a grant agreement with the New Jersey Department of Education.