Seeking to fill new positions in this county and want to post your afterschool job listings?
NJSACC: The Statewide Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities promotes and supports the development, continuity and expansion of quality programs for children and youth during out-of-school time.
We are proud to continue spreading the word about any new positions happening within the Afterschool and Out-of-School time professions.
To include your job listing in our next weekly post, please e-mail a short blurb, logo, all relevant links to apply and contact information via email here.
Because the following job listings are posted multiple times on the web, please be aware that some of the positions listed may now be filled.
Right At School Seeks to Fill Several Part-Time Positions in Several Locations
Right At School provides Before and After School enrichment programs in local elementary schools. We operate as part of the local school and community fabric. Right At School provides safe, engaging, and meaningful in-school and extracurricular programs to enrich the lives of students, give parents peace of mind, and enable schools to focus on their academic mission.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for working with children to staff our licensed Before and After School Programs throughout New Jersey! We provide our team with the best training and development in the after school child care profession! With our innovative online and in-person training, 99% of employees feel confident and effective just one month into their work. You will have access to our 300+ training modules in our online library, and pay increases based on your voluntary development.
Those interested in breaking into the childcare/education field or looking for a new opportunity should contact our recruiting partner, Megan Chin, via email.
Here at Right At School, our commitment to equal opportunity runs deep. We really mean that. In order to achieve our goals, we need to work hard to create a diverse workforce so we can reach as many students, parents, and schools as possible. We embrace the uniqueness in everyone and we encourage each individual to be their true selves. Your age, skin color, beliefs, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, parental status, vet status, gender identity are valued here. We do not stand for discrimination or harassment of any kind. Come as you are.
- Megan Chin, Recruiting Partner
Position Title: Educator
As an Educator with Right At School, you’ll have a positive impact on students, parents, and schools in your local community! Be a part of an organization that is changing the game in before and after school care!
As an Educator, you will:
- Partner with the Program Manager to deliver dynamic Right At School curriculum, support homework completion, lead fun fitness activities, and guide children safely through all activities.
- Engage youth in academic and social enrichment activities that expand & enhance school day learning in a meaningful way. Some tasks associated with this role can be more physical in nature as you are interacting with children and they keep you on your toes.
- Be asked to kneel, run, to lift up to 25 lbs, and have a lot of fun while doing so.
- Actively partner and communicate effectively with parents in order to provide the best child care for their children.
- Model positive behaviors as you sit with children to help with learning, walk around to manage the classroom, and maintain safety and stay active throughout the day while leading activities.
- Organize program materials for lessons and activities, as well as document attendance, incidents, and other observations.
- Regularly check in with the Program Manager regarding personal and child performance metrics
What We Are Looking For:
- High school diploma/GED required
- Experience working with children AND/OR college credits in early childhood/elementary/related field
- Outstanding customer service and relationship building skills
- Individuals who work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills with a varied audience including children, parents, staff and school personnel
- Ability to meet state-specific requirements; FA/CPR, Mandated Reporter, Cleared TB
- Respect for and dedication to working with children with special needs
- A love for children!
Benefits of being an Educator with Right At School:
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community and positively impact families
- Ongoing professional development with pay raise incentives
- Provide meaningful fun and employ Disguised Learning
- Flexible working hours aligned with school schedules
- An online and mobile HR platform where you can access your info with easy-to-use tech 24/7
- Competitive compensation and perks, including free before and after school childcare
Position Title: Program Manager
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Delivering quality enrichment programs for children using internally crafted Disguised Learning curriculum
- Developing and coaching a team who are passionate about providing a safe, fun, engaging environment (check out here what our staff are saying about the role)
- Working closely with principals and school staff to enhance the instructional experience
- Instilling the Right At School footprint by participating in local community events (Back to School, Right Club gives back, Field Day, and more!)
- Manage and maintain safety standards including supervision and program paperwork
What We Are Looking For:
- Passion about our mission and story!
- Prior experience supervising others
- Experience working with children and knowledge of unique and special needs
- Communication skills; oral, written, and visual with adults and children
- Ability to model professional standards when dealing with students, parents, staff, and community
- Familiarity with Google technology software or willingness to learn
- High school diploma or GED completed
- Coursework or training in child development and/or related field
Benefits of being a Program Manager with Right At School:
- Growth Opportunities! Options available geared towards several career paths.
- Continue your learning with access to our online training library with over 600 online courses and counting. Topics include leadership, child development, after-school programming, and more.
- It’s FUN! From day one, we take you through a guided training experience including online and in-person learning.
- Earn school-age professional development certificates while receiving transferable continuing education credits.
- You’re involved. Curate a hands-on experience for children that blends into the school fabric
- Competitive wage and perks, including free before & after school childcare
- Hazlet, NJ
- Barnegat, NJ
- South River, NJ
- Somerville, NJ
- North Brunswick, NJ
- Mt. Olive, NJ
- Cedar Grove, NJ
- Kearny, NJ
- Educators start at $13/hour
- Program Managers start at $19/hour
STEAMpark, INC Seeks to Fill Virtual Afterschool Teaching Positions
STEAMpark is a New Jersey based 501(c)(3) whose mission is to build better futures for kids with out-of-school STEM-based programs that offer educational, social-emotional and wellness support. All programs are currently supported by certified teachers and computer science instructors who deliver standards-based virtual lessons, helping students build confidence and skills. (website: steampark.org)
Contact Name and Email:
- Leigh Dym, Executive Director
We’re looking for currently certified school teachers from anywhere in the US who have a passion for all things STEM and want to share their positive energy virtually with 3rd-8th grade children. Specific prior content knowledge is not required, but applicant must be experienced in virtual teaching. Applicants must attend virtual training and staff meetings; prepare for and teach a minimum of one synchronous two-hour zoom class every week for a minimum commitment of 10 consecutive weeks; track student attendance and progress; and be both proactive and responsive in communicating with students and caregivers outside the virtual classroom.
- Salary: Stipend-based pay is based on an average rate of $25/hour
- How to Apply: Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org