- This event has passed.
Being a Support for Transgender and Gender Expansive Children
May 6 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pmFree
Being a support for transgender and gender expansive children
This workshop reviews the respectful terminology regarding sexual orientation and gender identity as well as the distinction between them, focusing on the definition of terms related to gender identity. We will look at recommendations addressed to programs serving school-age children for creating a safe and welcoming climate for all who are affected by gender identity concerns. Practical tips for enacting the recommendations as well as library resources, supports for parents, and further sources for staff learning will be included.
- Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2020
- Time: 10:30am – 12pm
- Event ID: 123445
In order to attend this training, you must obtain a NJ Workforce Registry Number.
Please follow these steps to sign up for the NJ Workforce Registry:
- Go to www.njccis.com and click Log In in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- On the next screen click Register in the gray bar that asks if you are a new user.
- On the next screen fill in all the required information. It will ask you what you are requesting approval for. Please select the option that best describes your position. For afterschool providers either Director, ECE Assistant Teacher or ECE Teacher will be the best match. Then click Register in the lower right hand corner.
- You should receive an email to activate your account.
- Once activated, search for this training using Event ID: 123445 here.
If you have a technical question about the NJ Workforce Registry please call PCG at 1-877-522-1050 or email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org