September 15 Webinar: Supporting Out-of-School Time Through the American Rescue Plan Act
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- 1:00–2:00 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time [EDT])
- Q&A Session 2:00–2:15 p.m. (EDT)
- You can register for the webinar by accessing this event registration webpage.
Supporting Out-of-School Time Through the American Rescue Plan Act
In recognition of the crucial role that child care plays in supporting children, families, businesses, and the economy as a whole, the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act includes funding through the Office of Child Care (OCC) for states, territories, and Tribes to stabilize the child care market. Through the U.S. Department of Education (ED), the American Rescue Plan Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund provides funds to states and school districts to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and to address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the Nation’s students. Supporting out-of-school time (OST) programming is a priority for both funding streams.
During this webinar, hosted by the National Center on Afterschool and Summer Enrichment (NCASE), along with speakers from OCC, ED, and the Afterschool Alliance, you will be able to do the following:
- Learn how ARP Act funds from ED and OCC can support OST providers.
- Gain an understanding from the Afterschool Alliance on the ways these funds are affecting the OST field and the role that OST intermediaries, such as state afterschool networks, play in supporting providers.
- Explore resources designed to support Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) lead agencies, OST program providers, and technical assistance (TA) providers with the ARP Act funding opportunities.
Who Should Attend
This webinar is designed for state-, territory-, and Tribal-level professionals, including CCDF administrators; statewide afterschool network leads and National AfterSchool Association affiliate staff members; 21st Century Community Learning Center leads; child care resource and referral agency personnel; other training and TA professionals; and OST program providers.
How To Participate
- Select this web link to register for the webinar.
- Contact the NCASE team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.