School-Age Behavior Basics for FCCs – Thu July 1 – 6:30pm – FREE
Behavior is communication, and it’s our job to figure out what youth in our care are telling us. This workshop will teach you how to identify behavior ABCs (antecedent, behavior, and consequence). We will explore ways to recognize triggers to prevent challenging behavior from occurring, and how our response can successfully de-escalate a situation and teach new skills (or create a spiraling cycle!). We will wrap up the workshop with practical behavior strategies that you can use immediately to support school-age youth. Presented by Kat King Inclusion for NJSACC.
- Date: Thursday, July 1, 2021
- Time: 6:30pm EST
- Cost: FREE
- Event ID: 128013
In order to attend this training, you must obtain a NJ Workforce Registry Number.
Please follow these steps to sign up for the NJ Workforce Registry:
- Go to www.njccis.com and click Log In in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- On the next screen click Register in the gray bar that asks if you are a new user.
- On the next screen fill in all the required information. It will ask you what you are requesting approval for. Please select the option that best describes your position. For afterschool providers either Director, ECE Assistant Teacher or ECE Teacher will be the best match. Then click Register in the lower right hand corner.
- You should receive an email to activate your account.
- Once activated, search for these trainings using Event ID: 128013 here.
If you have a technical question about the NJ Workforce Registry, please call PCG at 1-877-522-1050 or email them at: email@example.com