Announcement from NJ WIC — Expanded benefits Summer 2021
NJ WIC benefits for fruits and vegetables will increase during the summer months 2021 from $9 per month for children and $11 for women to $35 per month. Funding is made available from the American Rescue Plan, the COVID-relief package bill.
- Cash Value Voucher (CVV) benefits can be used at either WIC approved grocery stores (vendors) or Farmers Markets.
- Purchase fresh, frozen or canned fruits and vegetables.
- Available until Sept. 30, 2021.
Plus eligible participants will receive WIC Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) benefits of $25 for the season.
- FMNP must be used at WIC authorized Farmers/Farmers’ Markets
- Purchase locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Redeem by November 30, 2021.