Healthier Kids For Our Future Mental Health Grant – apply by Fri Feb 26
Applications will be accepted from January 25-February 26, 2021
In 2019, Cigna launched Healthier Kids For Our Future, a five-year, $25 million initiative to improve the health and well-being of children around the world—with an initial focus on food insecurity—in recognition that regular access to nutritious and sufficient food is the starting point for a healthier, more productive life.
In 2020, we expanded the initiative with a focus on mental health.
The reality is:
- Up to 20% of children and adolescents experience mental disorders worldwide.
- 50.6% of American youth age 6-17 who were diagnosed with a mental health condition in 2016 were not receiving treatment.
- The coronavirus pandemic has shed light on a worsening mental health crisis that includes struggles with emotional issues, increased loneliness, anxiety, and depression.
Our goal is to supplement existing mental health programming, and help close gaps both within and outside the school environment to address loneliness, anxiety, depression, and suicide prevention.
We fund programs that foster collaboration between stakeholders—including school administrators and teachers, clinicians, and local and national nonprofits—to address mental health and emotional well-being challenges for children.
Partners are encouraged to leverage one or more of the following evidence-based programs:
- Trauma Informed Practices (TIPS)
- Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
Successful applicants will:
- Request grants between $50K – $125K per year
- Start projects on either June 1 or August 1, 2021
- Submit Cigna’s Budget and project timeline with your application (available to download from the application)