NJDHS Announces Extension to COVID-19 related child care assistance for families and providers through January 31st
The Federal Stimulus Dollars
On Monday, the New Jersey Department of Human Services (DHS) announced that the state will extend the following COVID-19 related child care assistance for families and providers through January 31st.
Support for Families:
- State Child Care Subsidy during School Day for school-age children 5- to 13-year-old, extended.
- Child Care Tuition Assistance for Children in Families Earning up to $150,000 and in Remote Learning, extended for families already enrolled in this program. This tuition assistance is available to families with incomes up to $150,000 that are not eligible for the state Child Care Subsidy Program but in need of either full- or part-time child care due to their child’s school’s remote learning schedule.
- State Child Care Subsidy Program parent co-pays will continue to be waived for those who request it due to impacts from COVID-19.
- To learn more about the state’s Child Care Subsidy Program, please visit childcarenj.gov.
Support to Child Care Centers:
- Providers will continue to receive a supplemental payment of $300 per subsidy-eligible child for January, including infants, toddlers, and school-age children.
- Providers will continue to be paid based on the number of enrolled children who receive state assistance in their program, rather than attendance.
- Read more from NJ.com.
DEADLINE FOR PUBLIC INPUT EXTENDED: NJ Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) seeks input to strengthen New Jersey’s child care sector
New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) has extended the time period for its Request for Information (RFI) to collect information and ideas on how to build the business capacity and sustainability of the state’s child care providers. The following are the new deadlines:
- For submitting questions: All RFI questions concerning the RFI must be submitted in writing no later than 11:59 PM EST, on Wednesday, January 6, 2021 via e-mail to: email@example.com The subject line of the e-mail should state: “QUESTIONS2020-RFI-OET-COVID19-Childcare-116”. Answers/responses to the Questions posted on or around January 13, 2021.
- For submitting responses: All RFI responses must be submitted in writing no later than 11:59 PM EST on Friday, January 22, 2021, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the e-mail should state: “RFI Response-2020-RFI-OET-COVID19-Childcare-116”.
Join our NJSACC Brainstorming Session re: this RFI on Tue Jan 5 at 10am here.