Service Learning Grants Available!
With generous support from the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, Youth Service America (YSA) will award an Afterschool Grant of up to $500 each to support youth-led service or service-learning in afterschool programs. Programs can apply through December 4.
Grants are offered on a competitive application basis and open to any afterschool program in the United States that meets the following requirements:
- Engage at least 50 youth as volunteers in virtual, hybrid, and/or safe in-person service or service-learning projects between December 2020 – May 2021;
- Put students’ health and safety first by following COVID-related guidelines of federal, state, and local governments;
- Submit an online impact report by June 30, 2021;
- Engage a large percentage of youth from underserved communities; and
- Focus on engaging middle and high-school aged youth.
Activities can take place any time between mid-December and the end of the 2020-2021 school year. We will provide additional planning resources to grantees for MLK Day of Service (January 18, 2021) and/or Global Youth Service Day (April 23-25, 2021); participation in both of these days is optional.