There Are 9 Days Left To Fill Out Your Census! Let’s Do This Together!
#NJCensusDay2020 continues! #NewJersey is practicing social distancing, and we thank you for that! But now we need your help more than ever to get the word out about the importance of filling out the #2020Census.
About NJ Census 2020
NJ Census 2020
Do you know why the 2020 Census matters?
Do you know how participating can help your community?
Watch the video to find out!
Why Is An Accurate Census Important
Partners are critical to the success of a complete and accurate count in 2020. Do you know why the 2020 Census matters? Do you know how participating can help your community? Learn more here
US Census Bureau
Counting for Dollars 2020: The Role of the Decennial Census in the Geographic Distribution of Federal Funds by George Washington University Institute of Public Policy 9/3/19
This report identifies each federal program that geographically distributes financial assistance based, in whole or part, on data derived from the Decennial Census; and ascertains the connection between Decennial Census accuracy and the equitable distribution of funds to states and local areas.
Toward a Fair and Accurate Census 2020 policy paper from The Fund for New Jersey
2020 Census Timeline & Milestones
- 2020 Census advertising campaign begins in early 2020
- March 16-23 – USCB Mailing #1 sent to homes
- March 20-27 – USCB Mailing #2 sent to non-respondents
- March 30-April 6 – USCB Mailing #3 – a postcard – sent to non-respondents
- March – USCB Service-based enumeration begins (for transitory locations like RV parks and campgrounds, tent cities, marinas, hotels)
- March – USCB Group quarters enumeration begins (for those living in group quarters like dorms, nursing homes, etc. and for the homeless)
- April 1, 2020 – NATIONAL CENSUS DAY!
- Early April-Late July – USCB Non-response follow-up (NRFU)
- April 12-19 – USCB Mailing #4 – letter & paper questionnaire sent to those who have not yet responded
- April 23-30 – USCB Mailing #5 – It’s not too late! postcard
- CCCs urge households who do not respond to cooperate with census takers
General information about the Census
Why did I get a Census Survey? Help for Survey (Census) Participants US Census Bureau 2019. This site provides answers about our surveys (Census) and who to contact for more information.
The Census Project
The Census Project is a broad-based coalition of national, state, and local organizations that support an inclusive and accurate 2020 Census and American Community Survey (ACS) (the modern version of the census “long form”). Its member organizations, representing the private, public, non-profit, and academic sectors, rely on objective data that the Census Bureau produces to inform evidence-based investment, policy and planning decisions.
National Conference of State Legislatures 2020 Census Resources and Legislation
NCSL is a bipartisan organization providing states support, ideas, connections and a strong voice on Capitol Hill.
General New Jersey Information about the Census
US Census Bureau QUICKFACTS New Jersey QuickFacts provides statistics for all states and counties, and for cities and towns with a population of 5,000 or more.
NJ Department of Human Services Programs for Individuals & Families
NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Driver license, vehicle registration and more
NJ Transparency Center Find out how NJ tax dollars are spent