A great idea to introduce at the start of the new academic year.
Do you know abut the National AfterSchool Association’s (NAA) Code of Ethics?
As the New Jersey Affiliate of NAA we support the Code of Ethics.
The NAA Code of Ethics sets standards of conduct for the afterschool professional and outlines personal and professional excellence. It encourages the professional development of those working in the afterschool field. The highest standards of professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, effectiveness and fiscal responsibility are integrated within the sections while avoiding any activity that is in conflict with the performance of job responsibilities. It was designed as a resource to assist the afterschool professional in understanding the ethical responsibilities inherent in providing afterschool programs for children ages 5-18.
A professional Code of Ethics:
• defines accepted and acceptable behaviors.
• promotes high standards of practice.
• provides a benchmark for members to use for self-evaluation.
• establishes a framework for professional behaviors and responsibilities.
• provides a vehicle for professional identity.
• provides a mark of professional maturity.