The Afterschool Alliance is hiring an Associate and Development Associate
The Afterschool Alliance is a non-profit advocacy and public awareness organization based in Washington, D.C. working to ensure that all children and youth have access to quality afterschool programs. The Afterschool Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
Positions currently open to fill:
Associate – This position will be based either in the New York City or Washington, DC office, depending on the location of the final candidate for the position.
The Afterschool Alliance often has openings for self-motivated, team players, committed to community service in the area of afterschool initiatives.
The general tasks and activities that will be performed include but are not limited to:
- Performing research about issues in the afterschool field;
- Assisting with communicating changes in federal policy to afterschool providers and advocates;
- Assisting with the collection and analysis of data and information regarding local, state and federal policies affecting afterschool programs;
- Supporting in the management and coordination of all of fundraising efforts;
- Supporting events and meetings as needed;
- Helping to maintain the organization’s database;
- Helping with administrative functions, and opportunities to attend events and briefings.
Requirements: Background in child development, education, communications, policy, or community development preferred.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled.
Stipend and benefits not included.
To Apply: Email resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
US Dept of Education
OVAE is hiring a Supervisory Education Program Specialist(GS-1720-14) to serve as the supervisor of the Division of Adult Education and Literacy’s Accountability Team. This position has been held by Mike Dean,who is retiring from the Department.
The vacancy announcements are currently posted on USAJOBs and are scheduled to close on July 1, 2011.
OVAE is recruiting from all sources for the position.
Prospective applicants are expected to possess: knowledge of performance management systems, knowledge of Management Information System (MIS) design and implementation, knowledge offiscal grant administration, and experience analyzing legislation and policydocuments. For complete information on the position as well as guidelines forthe application process, please access one of the following links:
Open to All RecruitingSources (non-status candidates)
Open to Federal Agencies(status candidates—current and former federal employees)