Growing Up WILD is an early childhood education program that builds on children’s sense of wonder about nature, and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them.
Using a wide range of activities and experiences, Growing Up WILD provides a foundation for developing positive impressions about the natural world, as well as lifelong social and academic skills.
The Division of Fish & Wildlife in partnership with NJSACC: The Network for New Jersey’s Afterschool Communities and The Salvation Army, NJ Division, is offering a professional development workshops for early childhood educators in using Growing Up WILD.
The workshop fosters confidence in early childhood educators to lead outdoor explorations by providing ready-made activities, easily digestible background information, and field investigation opportunities that correlate with the activities.
Each participant gets the activity guide, which is written especially for early childhood educators of children aged 3-7.
The activity guide, Growing Up WILD: Exploring Nature with Young Children:
* Is written especially for early childhood educators of children ages 3-7.
* Features 27 field-tested, hands-on, nature based activities in a full-color 11”x17” activity guide.
* Includes crafts, art projects, music, conservation activities, reading and math connections and much more.
* Involves social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive domains to help foster learning and development in all areas.
* Supports developmentally appropriate practice allowing children to learn at levels that are individually, socially, and culturally appropriate.
* Is correlated to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards and the Head Start Domains.
$10 per person Cash or Check only! Sorry no purchase orders
Age Target: 3 years to 7 years of age
Breakfast, Lunch and each participant gets the activity guide
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
The Salvation Army, NJ division
4 Gary Road
Union, NJ 07083
Telephone: 908-789-0259, NJSACC with questions
Training is limited to 25 .
To Register, click on link below: