South Brunswick Community Education is looking for a Site Coordinator to run an elementary after school program serving students in grades K-5. The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS in education or a related field, and at least two years experience working with school-age groups, preferably in a leadership role. Candidates with an Associate’s degree and 8+ years of experience in school age care will be considered as well.
We are looking for someone with strong communication skills who can run a quality afterschool program serving a diverse population of students and families.
This position offers paid holidays, personal days, and the school district’s benefits package.
- Oversee program activities and staff, including meeting regularly with staff individually and in teams to develop quality programming meeting the needs of a diverse student population
- Work with all children in various settings – set up positive behavior expectations, use appropriate strategies to handle student concerns, collaborate with School Age Care Manager and building staff/administration to meet all students’ needs
- Build positive relationships with parents/guardians by communicating with families on a regular basis and creating family events
- Follow Community Education policies and procedures; assure staff does likewise
- Meet regularly with School Age Care Manager
- Attend in-service and orientations
- Other duties as assigned
Reports to: School Age Care Manager
Hours: 2:15- 6:15 PM Monday through Friday, plus meetings and staff development (10 month position)
Salary: $15,995 stipend
Interested applicants should apply online through the South Brunswick School District Human Resources Department at: www.sbschools.org or e-mail Sheila Barry, School Age Care Manager, at: email@example.comTweet