Part-Time Job Opening
Afterschool Enrichment Instructor (Elementary and Middle School)
Hours: Varied, two-hour periods; must be available weekday afternoons
Pay: $25 per hour
Dates: Fall 2014 to Summer 2015
Deadline: Open until filled
Highly successful afterschool program seeks dedicated and inspired instructors to lead enrichment activities in the All Stars Program at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel School in Asbury Park. Our program is funded in part by a 21st enrichment activities focused around a STEAM theme (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) with additional programming in the areas of literacy, physical education, and character development.
The ideal candidate has experience teaching elementary and middle school youth or has professional experience combined with a passion for working with children. Content areas include hands-on science, gardening, fitness, kitchen chemistry, culinary arts, journalism, music, architecture, photography, robotics, martial arts, rocketry, Zumba, chess, recycled art, video game design, fashion design, theater, salsa dancing, community service, career exploration, and video arts. Creative class ideas are welcome, particularly those that fall within the STEAM theme.
- Create lesson plans and lead weekly enrichment activities.
- Lead hands-on group activities that are engaging and age appropriate.
- Prepare materials and equipment for afterschool activities.
- Participate in ongoing professional development throughout the year.
- A passion and commitment to providing youth with high quality learning experiences.
- Energetic, with the ability to build meaningful relationships and engage with youth in a professional manner.
- Experience working with students from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must meet background clearance requirements.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Tweet