This posting is for a one year AmeriCorps VISTA year of service. There is a living allowance but this is not a permanent, salaried position with NJSACC. More information about AmeriCorps VISTA may be found here: http://www.americorps.gov/
New Jersey School-Age Care Coalition (NJSACC) Program Coordinator
Fellowship start/end date: July 2013
Application deadline: Rolling
Employment type: Full time
Living allowance: Varies by location
Benefits: Health, Child Care, Relocation, Training, End of Service $5,550 Education Award OR
$1,500 additional cash stipend
About New Jersey Bonner AmeriCorps* VISTA Fellows
The New Jersey Bonner VISTA Fellows Program is a post-college national volunteer service program developed in partnership of TCNJ’s Bonner Center for Civic and Community Engagement and the Bonner Foundation. The New Jersey Bonner VISTA Fellows comprise a cohort of 17 members who serve full-time to enhance volunteerism, develop economic opportunities, and address policy issues across central New Jersey.
The NJ Bonner VISTA Fellows Program is seeking a NJSACC Program Coordinator to increase participation in the At-Risk Afterschool Meals Program, a federal nutrition program for low-income youth in afterschool programs. NJSACC promotes and supports the development, continuity and expansion of quality programs for children and youth during out-of-school time. The NJSACC Program Coordinator will work directly at the NJSACC office in Westfield, NJ. (For more information on NJSACC, go to http://www.njsacc.org.)
- Identify and conduct outreach to eligible afterschool programs about the At-Risk Afterschool Meal Program.
- Serve as a resource to afterschool programs, vendors and other agencies interested in providing or sponsoring Afterschool Meals.
- Respond to data collection, analysis, and other community-based research (CBR) requests afterschool programs
- Maintain At-Risk Afterschool Meals Program section of NJSACC website, which includes profiles of model programs, issue briefs, and key information about the program.
- Represent NJSACC at meetings. Maintain organizational partnerships with anti-hunger organizations. Network with anti-poverty organizations throughout NJ.
- Present information and conduct workshops about the At-Risk Afterschool Meal Program and healthy meals and snacks
- Contribute articles to PolicyOptions.org
- Must be available to serve full-time for one year
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have own car
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with community service and/or non-profit organizational work a plus
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and on a team
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals and constituencies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and willingness to learn and use a variety of online tools, including Wikis, Facebook and other social media tools
Questions about this position should be directed to Lee McDermott Schaefer at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in this position to email@example.com. No phone calls please. All applicants must also complete an AmeriCorps application which will be available mid-April on the AmeriCorps portal. Interviews (phone or in-person in Westfield) will be conducted in May.Tweet