NJDOE 21st CCLC & NJSACC present :
Soaring Beyond Expectations: A Statewide Afterschool Showcase
8 :30 AM – 2:30 PM
Location: Robert Wood Johnson
Center for Health & Wellness
Cost: $30,includes continental breakfast, lunch and materials
The Statewide Afterschool Showcase was created to highlight best practice methods utilized by New Jersey 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) Programs.
Workshops will cover a variety of areas that relate to program quality such as:
- summer learning
- engaging best practices and program activities in career awareness and exploration
- Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM)
- positive youth development, health and nutrition and family involvement.
Other highlights include a panel discussion of best practice and an exhibit hall showcasing the best in New Jersey’s 21st CCLC programs!
Sarah Pitcock, Senior Director of Program Quality
National Summer Learning Association
Sarah led the Association’s development of the Comprehensive Assessment of Summer Programs and leads their work in supporting providers as they improve their summer programs in alignment with research-based practices.
- all school districts
- faith based agencies
- community based agencies
- and others interested in utilizing afterschool, before school or summer school as a strategy to improve youth’s knowledge and skills and engage them in meaningful expanded learning opportunities.
Who should attend:
- school personnel
- afterschool directors
- school board members
- youth workers
- and others interested in starting or enhancing an existing afterschool, before school or summer program.
For more information, please contact Mike MacEwan,
Director of 21st CCLC and STEM Initiatives at NJSACC: email@example.com