New Jersey's Afterschool Network
As NJ's Statewide Afterschool Network, NJSACC works to build lasting public support for quality afterschool programs across New Jersey. Led by a public-private partnership, the network builds public awareness and support; offers guidance for parents, providers and advocates; strengthens relationships with policymakers, funders, practitioners and parents, and shares best practices in the field..
Vision and Goals
- All children will have access to affordable, high quality afterschool programs that promote their intellectual, social, emotional and physical development
- All communities will have safe, enriching and supportive environments for children after school
- Expand access to afterschool programs
- Improve the quality of afterschool programs
- Build public and private and political support for affordable, high quality afterschool programs
We are proud to be a member of the National Network of Statewide Afterschool Networks funded by the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation. Across the nation, afterschool networks are working to achieve the following goals:
- Create a sustainable structure of statewide, regional and local partnerships, particularly school-community partnerships, focused on supporting policy development at all levels.
- Support the development and growth of statewide policies that will secure the resources that are needed to sustain new and existing afterschool programs.
- Support statewide systems to ensure programs are of high quality.
From more information about NJAN, contact Lee McDermott Schaefer, Policy Director at 908-789-0259 or email Lee.